Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Welcome To My Blog



My name is Tomeka McCoy. I moved to Columbus in January of 2011, from South Carolina. My parents Chris and Sylvia still reside in South Carolina.  I enjoy coaching cheer leading at New Birth Christian Ministries, traveling, and watching Criminal Minds in my spare time. I am currently employed at S&K Children’s Academy as a Pre K teacher. I have worked in the early childhood field since August of 2004. In those eight years I have worked in all areas for a school: including time as an infant teacher, preschool teacher, assistant director and center director.

 I will graduate in the winter of 2013, with an Associate degree in Early Childhood Education. I plan to continue education at College of Charleston to receive a Bachelor’s in Elementary Education. I enjoy working with young children, so I would prefer to teach Kindergarten through third grade. One of my long term goals includes opening a preschool.

My favorite quote is “All great achievements require time” by Maya Angelou. I not only enjoy working with children, but know the importance of optimal childcare. My philosophy for learning is that each child is unique, and each child learns in a different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment