Friday, February 8, 2013

Pipl Search

I was extremely disturbed with the results of my pipl search. My name was the first name on the results list. 42 other Tomeka McCoy’s were found. 21 provided contact information. I was found on 13 pages, 2 locations and 5 possible relatives. I feel the information compromised my safety. It provides my street address and home phone number. I realized some information was public, but I didn't realize ordinary people could easily access my personal information online. When viewing the pipl search it was more disturbing someone could pay 95 cents to receive your background information. Another website offered a street view of my home and provided the name of the road, but didn't provide the street address. On the last site I visited a virtual record on me could be obtained for free, on a seven day trail. Yes my online presence is much larger than I thought it was. I realize the way I spell my name is unique but I thought I was more protected than I actually am. My biggest problem is how is it possible to put a price on someone personal information without their knowledge of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment