Friday, February 8, 2013

Ohio DL Schools

If I had to choose an online school for my child to attend based on the website, I’d choose Connections Academy. The website was very user friendly and easy to follow. Tabs were across the top helping users navigate the site; our program, curriculum, technology, proven results, information session and news. The curriculum is broken down into elementary, middle school and high school. Gifted and honors classes are available at this location and weren’t listed on the pages of any other locations. I also choose Connections Academy because of the sample lessons they provided very thorough instructions for parent. The sample plans includes the list of materials that will be needed, warm-up activities, the skills that will be developed, and a list of questions to guide learning and critical thinking. It also tells you what is expected of a parent upfront. Connections Academy offers resources for their students. Print textbooks, lesson plans and workbooks are some of the materials available. Virtual Community Schools of Ohio was my least the website. I feel the school wasn’t truly invested into their students due to the lack of information provided about the school and its programs. The page doesn’t offer any information about the curriculum and that is extremely important to me as a future teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment